Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.10.0 to GIMP 2.10.2
– Discard fonts which fail to load and popup an info dialog to allow
people debug their fonts.
– New API to suppress updates in UI until plug-ins are done
– New API to calculate histograms in separate threads, with possible further
extension to handle similar cases elsewhere in GIMP.
– Tool options are now properly saved and reloaded per-device at
– New plug-in for importing and exporting HEIF images.
– Enable visibility of rasterized vector layer from PSD.
– Single-window screenshots in Windows fixed to correctly snap a
window even when it is partly off-screen or covered by another
window or when display scaling is not set to 100%.
– New Spherize filter to wrap an image around a spherical cap
– New Recursive Transform filter to create Droste effect.
– Warn users, when alpha-only painting has no effect. E.g. when target
drawable doesn’t have an alpha channel, or the alpha channel is locked.
– Make the splash texts dynamic, so they are larger on larger splashes.
– Mention pressing Enter to complete Foreground selection in the status bar.
– Make sure that clicking outside any selection prevents Rectangle Select
and Ellipse Select tools from creating empty selections.
– Improve mouse wheel zooming behavior to keep the same point
centered under the pointer even if the image is completely visible
in the canvas.
– Add “View -> Center Image in Window” (Shift+J) as a quick way to
center the image at any zoom level.
– Updated translations: Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek,
Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Spanish,
– New translation of Windows installer: Chinese (Taiwan)
– Add a –with-bug-report-url configure option allowing packagers to
set the address of their own bug tracker. This address will be the
one opened by the debug dialog for reporting bugs.
– Add a flatpak manifest for the gtk3-port branch.
– Remove the possibility to disable script-fu.
– Add a –with-icc-directory configure option to customize the color
profile directory. By default, it is set to the common path
– Updating the description of the XCF format “devel-docs/xcf.txt”, for
third-party readers wishing to support GIMP 2.10 XCF files.
– Add documentation skeletons for all enums in libgimpbase/, there is
much room for improvement.